Why switch to silk?
Over our lifetime we will spend around a third of our time sleeping and the majority of us sleep on a cotton pillowcase every night. While cotton may feel soft, it is more abrasive against our skin and hair compared to silk fabric. This can lead to cotton creases on our face each night (leading to wrinkles over time) and hair becoming tangled and tugged as you toss during the night, causing hair breakage.
Switching to a silk pillowcase can help solve these problems:
- Hydrated skin – Silk fibres are significantly less absorbent than cotton, meaning it absorbs less moisture from your skin overnight, keeping your skin hydrated while you sleep.
- Anti-crease – the super soft texture of silk prevents creases appearing on your skin in the morning. As silk reduces friction against your skin, it also prevents tugging on your skin during the night, which can help reduce signs of wrinkles over time.
- Maximise your skincare routine – As silk is less absorbent than cotton, it will also help keep any overnight creams you may use stay where they belong, on your face!
- Great for sensitive skin: Endorsed by dermatologists, silk is 100% natural, hypoallergenic and non-abrasive against your skin, making it suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Healthy, happy hair
- Healthy hair – Cotton may feel soft, however its surface is more abrasive than silk, so when it rubs on your hair during the night it can cause breakage and hair damage. The natural properties of silk reduce friction against hair to keep your hair smooth and prevent damage.
- Anti-frizz – Ordinary pillowcases made from cotton result in more friction which can lead to hair tugging and tangle in the night. Silk’s smooth surface reduces friction against hair to help prevent frizz. Silk has even been shown to help your hairstyles last longer.
Better sleep quality
- Heat regulation – The natural properties of silk make it effective at regulating body temperature and controlling moisture effectively. Silk fabric is breathable and provide a cool and dry night’s sleep, giving you a better sleep experience whatever the weather.
- Hypoallergenic – Silk's natural hypoallergenic properties prevent irritation of your skin during the night, minimising any discomfort for those with sensitive skin.
- Luxury comfort - The feeling of silk against your skin is soft and soothing, providing the ultimate luxurious sleeping experience as you drift to sleep.